- No, due to local and state health guidance, the DISH Food Pantry is closed to walk-ins. However we are providing delivery to students who live within 10 miles of the BHCC Campus as well as on-campus
- In addition to providing deliveries to student homes and on-campus pick-ups, our staff is available virtually and able to assist students with getting connected to local food resources in their communities. Email Molly Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information!
In order to maximize our resources, we are limiting food pantry orders to one order per student, per month. For any questions, please contact Molly Hansen at email@example.com.
- The DISH has been lucky to partner with Snap Chef. This organization assists us with delivery to students' homes. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and cleaning protocols are in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- When your DISH Delivery arrives, our Snap Chef driver will call the number that you listed in Smart Choice. Please make sure your phone is on and ready to receive calls on the day of your delivery.
We understand that the pandemic has caused increased hardships on our students and their families. If you and your family are in need of additional points, please contact Molly Hansen at 617-228-2045 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Each request will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact Molly Hansen at email@example.com for more information about employment opportunities at the DISH Food Pantry.
On Smart Choice, we offer a variety of non-perishable items, fresh refrigerated and frozen products, and hygiene items. Each item’s point value is based upon serving size and quantity of items available. Your points stretch far—most items are between 1-3 points and will last you for a while!
Current BHCC students receive 30 points per month, and faculty/staff receive 25 points per month. These points will automatically be loaded onto your Smart Choice account on the first day of each month
- Please note that these points do not rollover. For example, if you do not use your points for one month, they will not carry over to the next month
- The DISH Food Pantry serves solely current students, staff, and faculty at Bunker Hill Community College. Alumni, unenrolled students, or family/friends of a current student are not eligible to register to use the DISH
- For food assistance in the community, please visit https://www.boston.gov/departments/food-access.
- If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org