Circulation and ILL Policy
Circulation and Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Anyone wishing to borrow library materials should bring his ID card, OneCard, or library card to the Lending Services Desk. Patrons cannot check out materials or access online databases if their cards are not registered with the Library. The borrower’s account should be in good standing, showing no outstanding fees or fines.
|Library privilege||BHCC OneCard||BHCC Student ID card||Faculty/staff ID card||Other NOBLE library card||Other Massachusetts library card||Community borrower card|
|Visit the library||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Use books in library||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Use computers and online databases in library||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Borrow regular books||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Borrow reference books||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|Borrow reserve items||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Borrow archival and special collections materials||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|Access our online databases remotely||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Place intra-consortial (NOBLE) ILL requests||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Place Commonwealth Catalog ILL requests||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Place OCLC ILL requests||Yes||Yes||Yes||No*||No*||No|
|Place ILL requests for articles||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
*Patrons may place OCLC ILL requests through the home or main library that issued their barcode
Most circulating materials are due within 14 days of checkout and may be renewed twice, unless another person has requested them. Renewals may be made in person at the Lending Services Desk, over the telephone (617-228-2213), or online using a library password. Reference materials, periodicals, reserve materials, and some display and special collection materials cannot be taken out of the library, but photocopying is allowed.
|Resource||Borrowing Period||Renewals||Fine||Maximum Fee if Lost|
|Circulating books||14 days||2||10￠ per day||$25|
|Reserves||2 hours though variable||none||50￠ per hour||$25|
|DVDs||3 days||none||$1 per day||$50|
|Headphones||2 hours||none||10￠ per hour||$25|
|ILL Items||14 days||Based on Lending Library||Based on Lending Library||Based on Lending Library|
- Reserves are In-Library Use Only. Check out at Lending Services Desk. Please adhere to borrowing period. Fines incurred if late.
- Reference Materials and Periodicals are In-Library Use Only.
- Headphones are In-Library Use Only. Check out at Lending Services Desk. Please adhere to borrowing period. Fines incurred if late.
- Overdue Notices are generally sent two months after items are first checked out.
- A Book is considered lost if not returned after 90 days.
- Lost or Damaged Items are billed to the patron at the replacement cost of the item.